Student Scholarship Program
The Michigan Business Aviation Association (MBAA) is pleased to share with you our efforts to ensure that the aviation foundation remains solid throughout the great State of Michigan by promoting the development and training of our future aviation professionals through sponsorship of a variety of aviation scholarships. Since our inception in 1998, the MBAA scholarship program has awarded numerous aviation training and cash awards, valued in excess of $252,000, to numerous aspiring aviators, aviation managers and maintenance technicians enrolled in aviation related college & technical school programs throughout Michigan. The training awards have been graciously donated by FlightSafety International, CAE SimuFlite, Williams International, Air Care Solutions Group,& Rockwell Collins and money for cash awards and expense stipends is donated by the numerous MBAA Members and other sponsors who promote the program by participating in the MBAA Alice Gustafson Memorial Golf Classic scheduled for Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 at the Lyon Oaks Golf club in Wixom, Michigan.
MBAA and our sponsors invite interested students attending college, university or aviation oriented technical schools in the State of Michigan to submit an application for one or more MBAA Aviation Scholarship. (Previous MBAA recipients are not eligible)
The scholarships consist of the following:
- MBAA Cash Award - One (1) $1,000 (minimum) cash award offered to students enrolled in Aviation Management, Flight or Maintenance courses at colleges, universities or technical schools in Michigan.
- MBAA Flight Training Award - One (1) Cessna Citation Co-Pilot Initial Pilot Training Course, donated by FlightSafety International. This is a two week aircraft specific pilot training course held at the FlightSafety Learning Center in San Antonio, Texas. MBAA may also donate a cash stipend to the recipient of this award to help offset a portion of the cost of travel, meal and lodging expenses.
- MBAA Maintenance Training Award - One (1) King Air BE-200 Initial Maintenance Training Course donated by CAE SimuFlite. This is a 12-day aircraft specific maintenance training course held at the CAE SimuFlite Training Facility in Dallas, Texas. MBAA may also donate a cash stipend to the recipient of this award to help offset a portion of the cost of travel, meal and lodging expenses.
- MBAA Aircare FACTS Training Award - One (1) Aircare FACTS Training Course donated by the Aircare Solutions Group. This is a three day flight crew emergency procedures training course conducted at one of the Aircare FACTS training facilities located throughout the United States. MBAA may also donate a cash stipend to the recipient of this award to help offset a portion of the cost of travel, meal and lodging expenses.
- Williams International Engine Training Award - One (1) Engine Service Training Course donated by Williams International. This is a five day Line Maintenance Training Course conducted at the Williams International Training Center in Walled Lake, Michigan.
- Rockwell Collins Avionics Training Award - One (1) Business Aircraft Avionics Service Training Course donated by Rockwell Collins. This is a multi day Avionics Line Maintenance Training Course conducted at one of the Rockwell Collins Training Centers in various locations around the U.S. or a Computer Based Training program that can be taken from the recipient’s home.
- Frank P. Macartney Foundation – The FPM Foundation awards aviation scholarships to outstanding students enrolled in aviation management, maintenance or flight curriculums at various schools throughout Michigan. MBAA proudly contributes a portion of the revenues from the annual MBAA Golf Outing to the FPM Foundation.
Interested students are encouraged to consult the Award Descriptions & Scholarship Applications below for course details & application requirements and are welcome to contact David Leach with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
MBAA Scholarship Details-
- MBAA Cash Award Description
- FlightSafety International Flight Training Award Description
- CAE SimuFlight Maintenance Training Award Description
- Aircare FACTS Emergency Training Award Description
- Williams International Training Award Description
- Scholarship Application (Including Application Requirements)
FPM Foundation Scholarship Details-
- FPM Foundation Description
- FPM Foundation Scholarship Application (Including Application Requirements)
All application packages must be postmarked by Friday, March 29, 2013 & applicants for all scholarship awards will be interviewed in person by representatives of MBAA & FPMF in mid to late May of 2013. Announcement of the recipients will be made shortly after completion of the interviews
- From left to right: Luke Bowman, FlightSafety Recipient; Tom McLaughlin, WMU; and Chris Meeks, Cash Recipient
- From left to right: Alex Bloye, NMC Chief Pilot, Nathan Nitzh, recipient and NMC student, Steve Ursell, Northwestern Michigan College
- FlightSafety Training award recipients, from left to right: Kyle Davis, FlightSafety, Luke Bowman, recipient, and Chuck Urad, FlightSafety
- 2103 Scholarship recipients, from left to right: Luke Bowman, Brandon Powers, Nathan Nitzh and Chris Meeks
- Left to right: Brandon Powers, Williams Engine & Rockwell Collins Training Award Recipient, attending MIA, and Tim Kissell, MIA
- Hilary Kerkstra, Western Michigan University, Recipient of the CAE SimuFlight King Air Training Award